Friday, October 13, 2017

Lord Banjo's Delivery Service #2

I had a ball delivering books with Mum on our first outing, but wait ‘til you hear about the next day.  Day two, the Royal Dad hoisted me into the back of the SUV, and he and Mum drove me to Buckhead.  For you non-Atlantans, that’s one of the ritzy parts of town.

Once again, Mum dressed me in my royal robe and crown and grabbed a stack of my books. I heard Mum and Dad mention barking, something that’s taboo at the Royal Abode. Their dislike of barking is unfortunate, given that low, throaty barking is a distinctive trait of Great Pyrenees. Was their perspective perhaps changing? I was still trying to understand what was up when we parked at Bark Fifth Avenue. Whoa! What a place!

Oddly enough, it isn’t about barking. It’s an upscale, fancy schmancy doggie boutique and spa. Some might call it frou-frou, but as a Royal Pooch with discriminating taste, I saw plenty of outfits, accessories, and treats that I’d happily take home.  I wonder whether the shop keeps a Holiday Wish List for discerning clients.  I’d sign up in a heartbeat.  I heard Dad pointing out a lovely, lavender suit to Mum. Lavender isn’t quite royal purple, but I agree with Dad that I would look stunning in it.

Talk about stunning: I am officially in love with Ashley, the proprietress.  The only thing about her that perplexes me is that she’s quite tall yet has two Chihuahuas.  Why have munchkins, when you could have a super-size Royal Pooch like me? I think she needs to become my Auntie Ashley and learn all about my Great Pyrenees lineage and how special we GPs are.  Don’t get me wrong; munchkins are quite cute as playmates, but I’m partial to dogs more my size.

Ashley assured me that the stylish outfits I admired are also available in sizes for statuesque dogs, and I’m angling for another visit so I can spend more time perusing the suit and collar selection. I didn’t see any crowns, but I could use a new one of those too. Mum has promised that we can also surf the Bark Fifth Avenue online shop to stay up to the minute on the latest fashions.

I’m sure it was meeting me live and in person that prompted Auntie Ashley to take a few extra books and to make plans for packaging my book for the holiday season.  “Lord Banjo the Royal Pooch” is now available in the Bark Fifth Avenue online shop too. The best news of the day was that I am signed up to make a special guest appearance in December. Well, yes, Mum is invited too since it’s a book signing, but you know I’m the celebrity in this duo.
   

Do you love your doggies as much as the Royal Parents love me?  Of course, you do. Then be sure to visit Bark Fifth Avenue so your pups can experience high-end doggie couture and luxury grooming services.  Hmmm, I wonder whether Auntie Ashley would consider opening a branch in France—Bark Parisienne? I can think of someone who would be the perfect ambassador, being descended from French royalty and all.

Please send fan mail to Lord Banjo at inkpenn119@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lord Banjo, Puddin', and I take turns writing these blogs, and we'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment.