Friday, December 9, 2016

Lord Banjo gets his first gift of the season

Yes!  Can you see me doing a “paw pump?” It was 27 degrees this morning.  I finally got to take my morning walk in my kind of weather.  I pranced, I tell you, I pranced. I wish someone had videotaped my walk, as I just know the wind was ruffling my royal black fur and I looked majestic with my head held high.

The royal Dad, of course, was all bundled up and complaining of the chill.  We even saw some munchkin doggies in their cute little coats.  Pfft.  Who needs a coat?  Not I. We Great Pyrenees have natural coats perfect for the cold.

Now that I’ve completed my brisk walk, inspected the neighborhood and determined my people are in no imminent danger, I can fulfill my watchdog duties for the rest of the day from indoors. These duties, I can handle from a reclining position while surveying the yard through the glass front door. With a gentle growl, I’ve already alerted Dad to a few rogue walkers.  Well, truth be told, I’ve also alerted him to a few falling leaves.  It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it.


And, as I lie here, I’m pondering how to inspire Dad to take me out for a late afternoon walk. Since he’s talking about needing a new pair of long underwear, I’m not holding out much hope for walk number two today.

Lord Banjo and his sidekick
 Princess Puddin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lord Banjo, Puddin', and I take turns writing these blogs, and we'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment.